Try out something new today. Create a 3D Diorama using your imagination and Graphic 45 papers. Today on the blog, Larissa Fyodorovna teaches us how to create a Paper Time Capsule in an easy-to-follow video tutorial. This stunning altered art piece has been created with our winter-themed collection, Let’s Get Cozy, but this idea would look great done up in any G45 paper collection.
Let’s Get Cozy
By Larissa Fyodorovna
Imagine how exciting it would be to put together some wishes, dreams, but also memories and to take them out in a year or more or even decades and rummage through and review them.
I thought it was a pretty exciting idea and out of that came this time capsule.
It is constructed from two cylinders as ellipse halves, so when put together it results in a whole ellipse-shaped cylinder.
On the one side, this gives me a container where a lot can fit and be stored, but on the front side, I couldn’t resist creating a panoramic composition from the wonderful Let’s Get Cozy collection.
So it can be used as a centrepiece to embellish your room.
In the video, you can see the drawings with the dimensions and follow the step-by-step instructions if you want to create your own time capsule. Have fun.
I hope you like it.
Paper Time Capsule – Let’s Get Cozy – by Larissa Fyodorovna
- To bring three-dimensionality to the panorama composition, spacers can be inserted between the layers.
- To give the fussy cut out plants a more realistic shape, the leaves and petals can be shaped with a wooden chopstick or bone folder.
- To include more interesting details to the creation, other elements can be added, for example, real or artificial branches, artificial flowers, lace, etc.
- I cut out some elements with the plotter. If you don’t have a plotter – there are various other ways to do it – fussy cutting, die-cutting with a die-cutting machine, etc.
If you don’t like cutting, you might find something in the Let’s Get Cozy Ephemera Assortment. This way you can create your very own beautiful piece of art with your own unique creative touch.” ~ Larissa
– Supply list –
- Let’s Get Cozy 12×12 Collection Pack
- Let’s Get Cozy 8×8 Collection Pack
- Let’s Get Cozy 12×12 Patterns & Solids Pack
- Let’s Get Cozy Ephemera Assortment
- Cardstock approx. 300 g/m² in bright pink or another matching colour
- Light blue lace borders (star motif, or other matching)
- Acrylic paint light pink-light blue with metallic gloss effect, or other effects
- Thin twigs
- Glue and glitter glue
Brand Ambassador Call
Deadline April 9th, 2023
What a cute display. I’m always trying to find new ways to show off my work, and this time capsule is so different. I usually use a box, or something like a clock, a wooden frame….this is cool.
I LOVE this paper collection and this project is amazing!