Happy Valentine’s Day! Celebrate the holiday with a House of Love – La Chambre de l’amour. Graphic 45 Brand Ambassador, Elisabeth Hogarth has taken an advent calendar and dolled it up with our romantic Mon Amour paper collection. Take note of Elisabeth’s 6 papercrafting tips and enjoy the video tutorial.
Join our #G45HomeDecor Challenge!
Create a home decor project using Graphic 45
Upload your project to Graphic 45 – Official Community Page on Facebook the using #G45HomeDecor hashtag
WIN a $150 prize pack, one winner will be selected randomly
Deadline: March 3rd, 2023
You can enter multiple times
The winner will be announced in the March 6th newsletter
La Chambre de l’amour – A House of Love
My romantic project features the gorgeous Mon Amour collection. It is perfect for creating personalized keepsakes, and gifts for Valentine’s Day or in fact, any day of the year!
I decided to create La Chambre de l’amour to showcase small treasures that I randomly kept over the years. They fit perfectly into an Advent Calendar Box. Now, my House of Love can be kept out all year round and not just for Christmas.
For this project, I combined the 12×12 and the 8×8 Mon Amour collections. Considering the size of the house, I was able to use the minimum number of papers because all of the smaller box backs were covered with one sheet of 8×8 paper.
The Mon Amour stickers/ chipboard came in handy for lining the roof edges and I was able to trim away the narrow black-and-white border from the cover page.
I spent an hour or more just measuring, cutting, and inking the individual elements out. However, the actual decoration of the house was completed in no time at all.
When the house is complete – it can be filled with your random treasures.
To see more of La Chambre de l’amour – watch my video on the Graphic 45 YouTube Channel.
Share your Home Decor projects on the Offical Graphic 45 Facebook Group Page.
- Use good quality pastes, glues, and waxes to adhere the Graphic 45 papers. A little goes a long way.
- To make the most of the papers. Measure twice and cut once.
- Draw a simple grid plan to mark out the projects and write out the measurements at the start.
- Use the different proportions of the 8×8 and the 12×12 papers to suit your project.
- Keep all the scraps and fussy cut as much as possible from each of the different designs.
- Once decorated, seal the papers with a thin layer of pva glue, mod podge or liquid wax.
Other products used
Mon Amour stickers
PVA glue/gel paste/liquid wax/modge podge