Happy Friday crafty friends! To kick off the weekend we have an incredible #SimplyG45 video tutorial where Sandi Nagel teaches us how to create a Slim File Folder that holds a removable traveler's notebook insert and a Graphic 45 Policy Envelope, you will be able to recreate this project in less than an hour and it won't cost a lot of money to make. Sandi uses our Hallowe’en in Wonderland – Deluxe Collector’s Edition and Policy Envelopes to create this organizer. Be sure to check out below this project for your name to see if you are the WINNER of our weekly blog contest! Let the fun begin!
#SimplyG45 – File Folder Tutorial
By Sandi Nagel
For today’s tutorial, we’re going to make a #SimplyG45 project. We’re going to make this nice looking, file folder that holds a removable Traveler’s Notebook insert and a Graphic 45 Policy Envelope.
This is a great way to track your day-to-day activities. Use it to track your expenses, carry your coupons, hold your receipts, or jot down appointments and notes.
You’ll be able to make this file folder in less than an hour and it won’t cost you a lot of money to make.
Measurements – Cutting and Scoring List
1. Trim your card stock at 10 x 8 1/2 inches
2. Trim a second piece at 9 1/2″ x 3
3. Score your larger piece at 5″ and fold
4. Score the slim piece at half an inch on one side (vertical) and then at 3/8 of an inch at both ends (horizontal).
5. Trim your Graphic 45 front cover at 4 3/4 x 8 3/8. For the back cover I used scraps, ensuring that the height was at 8 3/8. You can do as I did or trim a second piece at 4 3/4 x 8 3/8 for your back cover as well.
6. Score the side pocket at 3/8 of an inch on both ends (horizontal) and 1/2 inch on one side (vertical). With your scissors, you’ll cut off a small triangle on the side where you have scored the 1/2 inch. We do this to eliminate bulk at the corners.
Tip: Set aside a jar or box for chipboard and fun-foam scraps. This way when you need to pop-dot a piece to your project, you can go always reach for these scraps and glue them on for dimension.
I’ve put together this easy to follow tutorial. I hope that you find this tutorial helpful and that it inspires you in making one of your very own. Thank you for stopping by and Happy Crafting!” ~Sandi
#SimplyG45 Tutorial | Halloween in Wonderland File Folder
Graphic 45 Supply List:
- Black Card Stock
- Yellow Ribbon or Seam Binding
- Paper Trimmer
- Scoring Board
- Edge Paper Punch (optional)
- Large Circle Punch (optional)
- Traveler’s Notebook Insert (optional)
Blog Contest Winner
This week’s prize package is a Club G45 – Volume 10 Christmas Magic Kit, a $50 value. The winner is….Carrie Zimmerman!
This is what Carrie had to say on our Garden Goddess blog: “Absolutely gorgeous!! Love the colour palette.Thanks for another great collection…”
We want to thank everyone who participated in our contest this week. We love reading your tips, comments, and feedback. Carrie, please email email@example.com to claim your prize.
What a wonderful tutorial! This project would look great with any Graphic 45 paper collection and would be a great handmade gift. Join us in the comments below by leaving your gratitude for Sandi for sharing this simple and amazing organizer. We hope you try this out, and when you do, be sure to share your results with us on our Graphic 45 – Official Community Facebook Page. Have a great weekend and as always…