Happy Friday! We want to kick off your weekend with some fantastic techniques and inspiration. Today on the blog, Graphic 45 Brand Ambassador, Janus Zate shares a Junk Journal Style Pocket Album. In the video tutorial Janus highlights our Voyage Beneath the Sea – Deluxe Collector’s Edition and our ATC Tag & Pocket Album combining the two to create one stunning mini album. Before we dive in, we wanted to remind you of our 2021 – 2022 G45 Brand Ambassador Call that is happening right now!
2021 Brand Ambassador Call
What we are looking for:
- Passionate paper artists from around the world
- Photography & video skills
- Experience creating step by step tutorials
- Active social media enthusiasts
- 6 jam-packed boxes of G45 product a year
- Social media exposure on g45papers.com, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter
- Create projects for top shows in the industry and Official Graphic 45 Videos
Pocket Junk Album
By Janus Zate
Hello G45ers! It’s Janus here to share with you this Pocket Junk Album I made using Graphic 45’s Voyage Beneath the Sea.
I’ve been drawn to cool colours lately and Voyage Beneath the Sea just called to me!
I wanted to create an album since I haven’t done one recently, but I’ve been on a junk journal spree since the start of the year. So why not do a mash up instead?
The first thing I did was set up my junk pages where I layered old book pages, some gesso, and paints then decorated it with cogs and gears along with fussy cut elements from the collection.
Tip: Don’t overthink your junk pages. Keep it as impulsive and unstructured as you possibly can. The unplanned approach makes your designs more genuine and more you.
I left the other portions blank that way once I have my photos and other items I want to place in, ready to use, it will be easy enough for me to add more details later on. I also have enough space to add in post cards and a few pull out pages should I decided to.
It’s been a fun experience experimenting on this album and I’m eager to try it on a larger album.
Graphic 45 Supply List:
- Voyage Beneath the Sea 12×12 Papers
- Voyage Beneath the Sea Chipboard
- Voyage Beneath the Sea Stickers
- ATC Rectangle Tage & Pocket Album – Ivory
- Matte Pearl Gems
- Script & Argyle Stamp
- ColorBox Black Decades Dye Pad (retired)
- Old Book Pages
- Wooden Laser Cut Cogs and Gears
- White Gesso
- Modeling Paste
- Double Sided Foam Tape
Thank you for joining me today and I hope this inspires you to create something of your own.” ~Janus