Join our #G45MixedMedia – March Challenge and you could win a $150 G45 prize package! To help inspire you Graphic 45 Brand Ambassador, Jenn DuBell has an easy to follow Mixed Media Layout Tutorial. We love what Jenn has done with some paint and scrap bits and pieces from our Ephemera Queen paper collection (now 50% off). So grab some paint or inks and create along with us!
Before we jump into the tutorial, we wanted to remind you that our 2022 Brand Ambassador Call in now Open.
Brand Ambassador Call 2022 -2023
Mixed Media Scrap Layout
By Jenn DuBell
My first task for March is to create a mixed media style project. I have chosen to create a fun scrap layout using all of my leftover Ephemera Queen collection in combination with inking, stamping, and fussy cutting. I have included instructions on how I created this lovely layout as well as an optional add on at the end!
Graphic 45® Supplies:
1 Ephemera Queen 12X12 Collection Pack
1 Ephemera Queen 12X12 Patterns & Solids Pad
1 Ephemera Queen Die Cut Assortment
Additional Supplies, Tools, and Adhesives:
Distress Ink Sprays – Kitsch Flamingo, Peacock Feathers
Distress Oxide Spray – Kitsch Flamingo
Art Glitter Glue
Foam Adhesive squares or scrap cardboard bits
Fussy cutting scissors
-Step by Step Instructions-
Cut a sheet of 12”X12” white cardstock (or any coordinating solid color) to 11”X11”.
Cut a sheet of G45 black chipboard down to 11 ¼”X11 ¼”. Set aside.
Use scraps of the paper collection to make some 1”, ¾”, and ½” strips.
Cut the strips down and adhere as shown in the photo below. I used scraps from the La Chapeaux side B.
Use coordinating inks to splatter areas that will surround composition.
6.Fussy cut several yellow roses and small pink flowers from the Simply the Best sheet.
7. Use score tape to adhere the background to the black chipboard leaving a ⅛” border of the chipboard exposed as a matte.
8. Lay your pieces both fussy cut and ephemera on the layout and arrange your composition.
9. Start adhering the elements using scrap cardboard and/or foam adhesive squares to build the composition.
10. Add an ephemera (like this) photo or personal one. Mine was cut using a scalloped circle die.
11. Use a scrap sheet of paper to cover the photo and most of the composition and add a bit more of the teal ink splatters.
12. Add some G45 silver Matte pearl Gems to the top and bottom. The side by side photo below shows how mine were placed.
13. The finished layout shown below
14. Optional step….I decided to add a bit of stamping in the end for more texture. I used black archival ink and a texture stamp.
Want even more Graphic 45? Sign up for our newsletter here.